Saturday, March 9, 2013

Slice of Life #9 - Sleeping In

March 9th, 2013

Back in 7th and 8th grade, I would always rely on my weekends to sleep in. However, ever since 9th grade started, I became too busy during the weekend to sleep in. I have chinese school on Saturday morning, then I have piano lessons on Sunday morning. I usually have to wake up by 8:30 on Saturday and 9:30 on Sunday--so no more sleeping in. But, today, chinese school was cancelled (YAYYY), so I was fortunately able to sleep until 10:30. I was so happy....the bad news: I still had a lot of work. The good news: I do not feel like falling on my face and going to sleep on my desk while typing up this blog post. :) Thankfully, I did not feel like this:
This year, I was really looking foward to spring break, during which I was planning to sleep in every day to make up for my sleep deprivation accumulated over the year. But, Superstorm Sandy just HAD to come along and make spring break only 5 days. We can't even do anything given only 5 days...Washington DC, Busch Gardens, or Hershey Park? Apparently they're too far away and would take up too much of the 5 days. My sister has tried to persuade my family to go to Great Wolf Lodge (apparently it's some famous kids swim resort? Or something like that?) but I still can't understand what's so good about it.

3 comments:

  1. Vivian, i don't get to sleep in much on the weekends either! I used to sleep until 10:30 most weekend mornings (except when i went to church, which used to be every week or every other week, but now i often have other commitments on sundays :( ) anyway, i don't get to much anymore, and it's sad. track just started, and we have practice six days a week (not on sundays since my coach said it's the Lord's day, which it is for some people obviously but not everyone). I had to get up at 7:45 today :( and it wasn't very fun. Plus, since we fall back (or is it spring ahead?) tonight, first, we lose an hour of sleep tonight, and second, the mornings will go back to being dark. :( although the good news is that it means spring is here, and the nights will be lighter :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What you've never heard of Great Wolf Lodge?! It's an indoor water park that also has this quest with magic wands and stuff where you run around and point to different paintings all around the lodge, which is really really fun! (think Harry Potter random wand waving at every door/painting)

    And I was up before 6 because I went to LIST at Columbia for academic team <3 Surprisingly, we did not go 0-5 in the preliminaries, although we did get crushed by a couple of A teams and almost got beat by this one solo guy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cat picture pretty much describes... say... 65% of my mornings. Today was definitely one of them, and an extreme one like that. I woke up early and super snappy, only to have my best friend (who slept over) insist upon me giving him a massage immediately. He then requested to play cards. I was starving, but being a good friend I agreed. Bad decision. Snappy morning + little sleep + hungry = bad. So after I did end up going downstairs, I didn't have the best morning. Find out more about that here :D
    http://thetimeonmywatch.blogspot.com/2013/03/on-being-wrong.html
    But yeah, I'm actually going to Las Vegas during Spring Break! What fun!

    ReplyDelete