Friday, March 29, 2013

Slice of Life #29 - TSA Progress

March 29th, 2013

I've been working on TSA for the past week now. It's left me almost no time for anything else, but I'm STILL NOT FINISHED. Carving a block of wood to look like a train is a lot harder than you think...It took an hour just to drill a one inch wide hole, because my wood refused to cooperate. When I was trying to carve the indents for the wheels, my knife slipped and stabbed my middle finger. Since it was a carving knife, it was a pretty deep cut. Needless to say, fingers are much, much easier to cut than wood. =_=

I still have to make the prototype, paint the train, and do all the drawings and dimensions...I have no idea how I am supposed to finish this. Well, I probably will, but I'll have no time to do other things like work on my FFF project. (btw, my hovercraft flies! Now I have to make sure the wood doesn't explode into splinters).

Does anyone have suggestions on what colors to make my train? My mom said including green makes it look childish. I'm not so sure about that. (Green is awesome). ALSO, does anyone know how to dimension curves? Like not arcs, but curves?

1 comment:

  1. That's a lot better than my group. We don't even have a finalized design yet.

    ReplyDelete