Friday, March 1, 2013

Slice of Life #1 - Recent Woes

MARCH 1ST, 2013

If one simply stepped up to a High Tech student and asked him/her what was the worst thing about their day, I can guarantee that most students would either say, "The horrible quiz/test I took today" or "Nothing, really." (Note: those who do not mention quizzes or tests probably did not have a quiz or test that day. Which is extremely unlikely.) I will dedicate this post to the terrible past week, chock full of tests, quizzes, and projects.
While I'm hearing great news all around me ("VIVIAN! GUESS WHAT! I GOT INTO S&E AND MEDSCI!" congrats, by the way, to all the people I know who made it into the schools they applied to :D), I am remorsefully staring at my computer watching a pitiful slump of my GPA. It might have just been me, but I started my third marking period pretty badly. The first week was basicaly cramming, handing in one project after another, and then the second week was handing in another 5 assignments within the first two days and then studying for about a million quizzes. I'm sorry if I complain too much, I just had to let off some steam :'(
Then after studying for those quizzes and tests, I epic fail all of them. Alright, maybe not literally, but I Asian failed --according to the wise words of Tom Li, I "will bring great shame to my famiwy!" Ask Tom if you don't understand.
I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who's depressed (short sidetrack here): in Latin today, Nivetha was sprawled out on her desk, being generally depressed, while Prashil and Elvis were making faces. Of course, it was incredibly funny and Nivetha eventually laughed. But, Nivetha soon got mad at us for ruining her depression, and went back to being sad. I'm sorry for ruining your depression, Nivetha. I sincerely apologize. :(
I think part of the reason many people epic failed (of course, excluding the couple of you who got hundreds on everything. * SHUN T.T *) is sleep deprivation resulting from working continuously on one project after another. Another reason was very well likely the fact that I stink a lot at drawing auxiliary views--and I found out right as I was taking the test. ANOTHER reason I did poorly on my history quiz might have been that I did not learn from my past mistakes and still changed 2 of my answers at the last second. Of course, these were the two questions I got wrong. It figures.
Anyways...I hope the marking period improves in terms of better assessment grades. :) Wallowing in despair won't help much.

2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain Vivian T.T These have been a generally depressing two weeks - what with all the last minute working on projects, cramming for tests, and just generally freaking out. I am honored to be mentioned in your blog post though ("I bring great honor to my famiwy! :D") I can't wait until things quiet down a bit and we get back to the normal rhythm of school, where we don't have four to five projects due in a week...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaand, sadly that's not working out too well. Still barely getting any sleep (what, 4 hours per night), having an immense load of projects (lucky people who don't have Spanish...), and getting a new humanities presentation assigned today that we don't even have a weekend to work on. And then, of course, I'm pressured by McKayla to do my job and organize everything. Before I even get home from the gym. So yeah, tough life, but it'll be over soon... Only a couple more weeks til Spring Break!

    And, then, I realize Spring Break will also be a really annoying time for many many reasons (*cough, projects*)

    So..... It'll be over in like 12 years. Good luck High Techies.

    ReplyDelete