Saturday, March 23, 2013

Slice of Life #23 - Being a Proctor

March 23rd, 2013

I have to practice piano, so my post will be kind of short.
So, being a proctor is a lot harder than you think. During the CTP4, when you feel uncomfortable when the proctor walks around the room, it's not the proctor's fault. I was a proctor today for the HSK 4 at my Chinese school (kind of a graduation test for Chinese kids)...or rather, I was the TA, but I was pretty much still a proctor. The teacher in charge of me told me to stand up the entire time, to make sure no one was cheating. So, that meant basically 2 hours of standing. Of course, it was great exercise for my legs. I never thought I would be so tired...last year for jazz band I've stood up for long periods of time. I've stood up for 3 hours in a row waiting for roller coasters. I guess I'm just seriously out of shape. :P

Anyways, all the kids in my room weren't from my Chinese school, so I didn't know any of them. They seemed pretty well behaved, and their eyes almost never left their papers. It's really, really boring to stare at a group of kids for 2 hours, so I could understand why the teacher walked around, looking over people's shoulders. Since she's a teacher, I would think that looking at Chinese questions would be interesting to her. My legs were sore enough just standing, so I didn't walk around.

After, I took a two hour nap. It was my first long nap in...well...a long, long time. It felt great, and although I am still tired (of course I am) I am less tired than usual :D

1 comment:

  1. Lol, your teacher is so mean. I sat and played on my phone the whole time xD I don't think that my teacher would care that much about cheating, because he was helping the kid right in front of me with his sentences -__-

    ReplyDelete