Sunday, March 3, 2013

Slice of Life #3 - Pepperoni Pizza

March 3rd, 2013

The mundane art of having lunch just became even more mundane for me. This was made possible by the infamous pepperoni pizza, a food that is a desecration in the hallowed halls of food.
After I came home from my piano class (at which my teacher made us pay another 10 dollars, for what I don't know) I found out that my mother had already ordered pizza for lunch. I opened the box, hoping to find mushroom pizza or plain pizza.
But of course, my hopes and dreams were shattered. Because, oh, THE HORRORS, there was pepperoni pizza.

Just to make myself clear, I consider pepperoni pizza terrible. Well, at some places, pepperoni pizza can be quite delicious--but it's not very good when you get it from Marlboro Pizza. Or basically anywhere that serves its pizza topped with about ten gallons of orange oil.
I think my distaste started back in middle school, when my friend used to buy pepperoni pizza every other day--and then she would get a napkin, lay it on top of the pizza, and sop up all the oil. Within two minutes, that napkin would be saturated, so we would have to get 2 or 3 more to reduce the oil amount to a decent amount. Okay, I might be exaggerating. We usually only used 2 napkins. Same thing. xD
Whenever I go to the mall, I get plain pizza, and people always look at me like I'm weird. They order pizza salad (pizza with salad on top? ._.) or pizza pasta (pizza with pasta on top? .________.) or something else that's really pizzare. <--That was a typo, but I will not fix it because it turned out to be a pun. :D
But pepperoni--why? You taste all spicy and slimy and ughhhh. I usually pick you off my pizza. WHY MUST YOU TASTE SO TERRIBLE!?

3 comments:

  1. Haha, I don’t eat pepperoni pizza, but I love salad pizza and pasta pizza! My mom makes salad pizza, and it’s basically just the pizza crust with a layer of sauce, then the salad, which consists of Romaine lettuce, onions, tomatoes, peppers, other vegetables, topped with balsamic vinaigrette. It’s really delicious! You should give those fancy, or “pizzare” pizzas a try; you never know, you might actually fall in love with a slice you may have never tried.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my opinion, plain pizza is king. Pizza is pizza and putting random stuff on top of it won't make it any better! It's already perfect, so just live with it! But nope, people have to go around putting whatever they want on this delicious pie of cheese and sauce on a very yummy bread (I love bread <3). I've, to be honest, never tried pepperoni pizza. I think. Maybe once. But I think never.

    Right, so anyway, if you want to do something right, better do it yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pepperoni tastes fine. Jegus Vivian.

    ReplyDelete