Monday, March 4, 2013

Slice of Life #4 - What I had for lunch today...

March 4th, 2013

It's horrible, the kinds of things people feed to poor schoolchildren. In elementary school, it was yellow, mushy carrots and stale mash potatoes, and the only thing to look forward to was a slushie (for 2 dollars). Of course, they decided to take that away too. Middle school was slightly better--if you got the server lady to like you she would heap your plate with spaghetti ;D
And then high school came. College food costs about twice as much as middle school food, and we get half the food we got in middle school. One serving of tater tots has about 8 tater tots--and costs $1.50
Meanwhile, in middle school we spent a dollar for about 20 tater tots or a sleeve of fries. Of course, I ordered tater tots today, because I was too scared to order soup or pizza....For all you guys that go to HTHS, you know how scary ordering soup is.
 
Meanwhile, pizza is never a good choice. True, sometimes it actually looks and tastes like pizza. However, on some select days, the pizza turns out strange. For those of you who sit at my lunch table: Remember those times when my pizza was all yellow and had no sauce? And remember that time when the pizza wasn't cooked enough and the dough was still able to be kneaded? The good old days of terrible pizza.

 If you have any complaints about your lunches or past lunches, please comment. :D

2 comments:

  1. HURDURRDURR.

    Dis give me many funnies. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hm... Yes, yes, this gave me very many funnies indeed.
    On a more specific note, though, I remember seeing everyone at my lunch table ordering these perfectly round, sauced, baked pizzas that looked too scrumptious to be real. Needless to say, after about a week of delay and forgetting to drop my lunch ticket in, I did it. I got the pizza. I opened the box. I took out said pizza. And. It. Was. Awful! It looked hideous; it was the awkward green shade of diarrhea (buon appetite) and i threw it out like 5 seconds after actually daring to try my first bite. So that's my experience with school pizza :D

    ReplyDelete