Monday, March 25, 2013

Slice of Life #25 - Some Strange Talents of Mine

March 25th, 2013

I have some weird talents--by this, I'm not talking about math, science, etc. Lets forget those common talents for now. I'm talking about things like:
  1. When I'm typing at my computer, I can always, always hear my parents or sister if they're walking to my door. It doesn't matter if they're trying to be soft, or if my sister is trying to sneak into my room so that she can tattletale on me for checking my email. If they're really trying to be soft, I can always sense movement in the floor, or vibrations, even though the floor's carpeted. I can also tell which person it is.
  2. I can also walk with almost no sound, at least with no sound I can hear. Of course, I'm not like Gale or Katniss; I don't think I can walk on leaves without crunching them xD I don't know if that's a good or bad thing...like in the hallways at school, if I'm walking with another person, that person's footsteps my clipclop through the hall, but I'll have no sound at all. It might be because I wear Uggs/sneakers/boots without heels all the time. I don't know.
  3. My facial expressions are, as Nivetha puts it, VERY expressive. xD I don't know if she's just exaggerating or not...but since I don't make a lot of faces at home (staring at a computer screen does not require facial gestures), my family has likely not seen many of them before. When I went over to Thomas's house last month, I was talking to his mom, and all of a sudden my mom said, "OH MY LORD VIVIAN YOU HAVE SO MANY EXPRESSIONS!" Yes mom, indeed I do. They range from:
    • jokingly accusative face (coined by Nick and apparently my most famous one)
    • I-have-just-been-metaphorically-electrocuted face
    • dun dun dunnnnn face (see the trialer for The Croods for clarification; watch at least ten seconds or until the dun dun dun part: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjkPb0ewYPo) I fond that link to be hilarious, by the way
    • really-now face
    • etcetcetc you get the point
Can you guys do these things too? I'm pretty sure some of you can, they're actually not that hard to do. If you can't, I'm sure you have other weird talents xD

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, I can do that weird listening thing to0. For example, if I'm sleeping in the morning, and someone is walking to my room, I immediately sit up for no apparent reason. I then listen to hear who it is, and then promptly fall back asleep, of course :)

    ReplyDelete