Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Poor Fish :'(

May 22nd, 2013

Hi everyone, so I haven't posted in a while...sorry. But:

About three years ago, my sister went to this little kids' swim meet where the winner of each heat would get a fish. My sister was really fast back then...so she got 4 fish. Well actually, she got three, but for the last one she got second place and cried, so the fish-hander-outter gave her another fish xD

These were all feeder fish, and two were of a different kind (smaller). At the time, I thought they were just some cheap, ugly fish which would die in a couple days. Needless to say, I was proven wrong...they're probably some of the prettiest fish I've seen. Much prettier than those fish that cost forty dollars. The two bigger fish in particular are gorgeous. They've grown to the size of maybe...five inches? They were an inch when I first saw them. But now, they have these long streaming translucent tails and fins, and they have splashes of golden orange along the ridge of their back and sides. They're so pretty :')

But, today I was doing my homework, and the door to my bedroom was closed because the AC was on and I didn't really want the cold air to escape from my room. My room's on the second floor, and it's always really hot in the summer since all the heat rises...ugh. But I was homeworking, when I vaguely heard someone screaming my name. I thought I was hallucinating, because no one screams my name unless if they want to yell at me, and I hadn't done anything that bad that I couldremember...so I kept working. After about five seconds, distinctly clearer: "VIVIANNNNNN!!! VIVIANNNNN!?!?!?!? COME DOWN RIGHT NOW!!!" So I thought, "Okay, fine. I must be in trouble for some random thing that I forgot about." I trudged downstairs.

When I get there, I find my mom simultaneously screaming my name while shouting into a phone to my dad (who was at NYC working) about something with a fish. Then, I made out, "IT JUST LEAPED OUT!" Connecting the dots, I realized that there were only 3 fish in the tank. One of the bigger fish was gone. So, our conversation from then on:

Me: "MOM DID YOU SERIOUSLY THROW THE FISH AWAY!?"

Mom: "NOnonoooo it jumped out!"

Me: "I know it jumped out...WHERE IS IT?"

Mom: "Look under the table."

I looked under the table and saw the poor fish lying on its side, barely moving and covered in dust. I grabbed it and plopped it in the fish tank. For a second, I thought it was dead, but it started swimming again. Last I saw of it, it was fine. Well, it's swimming on its side. At least it's alive. xD But after:

Me: "How long was it there?"

Mom: "Ten minutes!"

Me: ". . . ."

Mom: "What?"

Me: "So you didn't pick it up?"

Mom: *evades question* "What do you want to have for dinner tonight?"

And I thought I was easily grossed out... xD

No comments:

Post a Comment