Friday, September 20, 2013

Taming of the Shrew -- GO READ IT.

September 20th, 2013

When someone mentions the word "Shakespeare", many of us groan inwardly and think, "Please, please, please, don't make us read Shakespeare. Please." I have pretty much felt apathetic about Shakespeare for as long as I can remember, but I have friends who hate Shakespeare's writing so much they openly rant about how bad it is whenever they have the chance.

But, this year, we read Taming of the Shrew, which is possibly the most hilarious book I have ever read by Shakespeare. Reading it completely changed my view of Shakespeare--maybe this guy DID have a sense of humor, after all. xD While the title sounds all dreary and evil, the book itself is full of hidden jokes and naughty, conspiring characters. I loved reading it, and now we're watching the movie. So, so funny. Some things I don't understand, for those of you who watched the movie: why can't Bianca stop laughing? And when Katharina is chasing her with a sword, why doesn't she run out of the house and call for help instead of running into a corner and screaming her head off?

Anyways, all you Shakespeare haters, go read Taming of the Shrew. You'll love it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment