Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Slice of Life #6 - The Swimming Banquet

March 6th, 2013

I came home relatively late today (about 15 minutes ago), and realized I still had a lot of homework to do. But from 6:00 to 9:00, I went to the Marlboro swimming banquet, which you might have heard about from Tiffany's post.
To this event (which I thought was semiformal), I wore a decent cardigan and jeans. Little did I know that it was supposed to be some extremely fashionable, formal event, where all the girls wore short dresses and high heels. So, when I walked up to get my varsity letter, people stared at me strangely. When I came back, Priscilla looked at me and said something along the lines of, "Well, that was awkward." #TheWiseWordsofPriscilla
There also happened to be no dancing whatsoever (which was fine with me) and a lot of food (even better). Basically, there was the appetizer, which was really delicious deviled eggs, which I usually find repulsive, and fresh tomatoes and bread. The main course was pasta, STUFFED SHELLS <3, broccoli, and french fries, among other great things. Desert, always the most important, was ice cream with lots of unhealthy toppings like M&Ms and chocolate sprinkles and rainbow sprinkles and cherries and whipped cream and chocolate drizzle :D Of course I applied all of them.
Later, I was trying to take pictures of Tiffany and Priscilla (all to no avail). I did get some pictures, but I will not post them here for 2 main reasons:
       1) They will yell at me for the rest of the school year.
       2) They're all pictures of them covering their faces with their hands or phones. It's not very good quality.
But the banquet did provide the highlights of my day--I found out that my 100 fly had made 3rd place in Marlboro Swimming history!!! :DDD (that really isn't much of an achievement, but it was pretty exciting compared to the tests I've taken this week. Plus, I got agitated that my coach put on the slower, older time. Sigh). And congrats to Tiffany, who got 3rd place too in backstroke! :D
Anyways. Does anyone know how to order a varsity jacket? I kind of want one (they look so comfortable, even though Priscilla says I would look "strange" in them xD).

3 comments:

  1. :D Congrats to you guys on your awesome swimming! And see, I can't really survive banquets; of the things you listed I would only eat bread and ice cream. #idonteatalot

    ReplyDelete
  2. You wouldn't eat the pasta? Or the french fries? O.o

    ReplyDelete