Thursday, March 14, 2013

Slice of Life #14 - How to Stop Hiccups the Roche Way

March 14th, 2013

Hiccups: the things that singlehandedly annoy teachers, invite humorous remarks from friends, and make you feel awkward. I've always been prone to hiccups, especially whenever I'm hungry or tired. Other times, hiccups just consume me for no apparent reason. So, today, in biology, I was hiccupping. Incessantly. When Mr. Roche asked a question for another student, and the classroom became quiet, I hiccupped, loudly. Mr. Roche and I then had an extremely meaningful discussion which went something like this:

Mr. Roche: Vivian, would you like to know a way to stop hiccups?
Me: ....sure?
Mr. Roche: Well, you just bend over like this *bends over and puts his hands on his stomach* and say this *he says BLEURGGHHHHHHHH* That method has never failed me yet! Get up here and try it.
Me: I'd rather not, but thanks.
Mr. Roche: Fine. You can only hiccup three more times--after the three strikes are out, you stand up here and do what I just did. *smiles evilly*
Me: O.O''
Class: HICCUP VIVIAN HICCUP

People seem very eager for others to embarrass themselves xD
 Today was pi day too--when people got pies thrown at them today, everyone cheered (we are a very sadistical species...) I found this part extremely funny:

Pretend host: And NOW...surprise announcement: Mr. Olsen, please come up to be pied!
Mr. Olsen: What.
High-Techers: *stompingfeetandcheeringandclappingandshouting"
Mr. Olsen: *gets up and starts walking towards host*
High-Techers: *SCREAMINGHYSTERICALLYINJOY*
Host: Mr. Olsen is a brave man! Cheer for him!
Mr. Olsen: *speedwalks out of MPR*
High-Techers: *boooooooooohisssssss*

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE YOUR BLOG SO MUCH. BEFORE YOU THINK I'M CREEPY, IT'S TIFFANY.
    ...so did Mr. Roche's hiccup remedy work? ._.

    ReplyDelete
  2. XD yeah did his plan succeed in curing you of this intolerable, horrid curse?
    And I definitely agree that it is in human nature to laugh at others embarrassing themselves - this might be the cause of our wanting others to embarrass themselves, as to give us a reason to laugh (and laughing, naturally, makes us feel good :D)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I held my breath because I didn't want to say "BLEURGHHHH" in front of the class. It usually works for me to hold my breath--I think it's because you don't take in any more O2. It's like breathing from a paper bag (the classic remedy) except you're not breathing at all ;D. You know, it's kind of embarrasing to use the Roche method in front of the class. Just a little. However, I'd love to see someone ELSE do it...

    ReplyDelete