Saturday, March 2, 2013

Slice of Life #2 - Sleep Deprivation

March 2nd, 2013

Usually, I go to bed at a decent time--but that doesn't mean I'll go to sleep. I'll TRY, of course, because sleep is great, but previous occurences or regrets that day keep messing around with my head. So yesterday, I ended up going to sleep after midnight.
I don't know if I'm the only person who experiences something like this. Yesterday, I came home from school particularly tired, hoping I could go to sleep early that night. But, it seems like the more tired I am, the harder it is to fall asleep. There wasn't even that much homework last night.
However, on the days that we DO have homework, I think mainly of what my doctor and school nurse tell me. "You must have at least 8 hours of sleep for your body to grow properly." Well, I guess that explains why I'm so short xD Short people, do not despair--"Tall plants might be uglier..."-Mr. Roche
^That was not an insult to tall people.
Sleep deprivation also leads to stress (this was a major theme of my musings from last night). Although I tried to force myself to sleep, the more I thought, the less sleepy I was. When I woke up today and went to chinese school, I was even more awkard than usual. (For those of you who saw me, I copied the wrong number of papers, I walked into a lady's chair, and for some reason I let 2 people cut me in the copying machine line.)
Another thing: I was so tired I didn't even feel like going to swim practice today. Even though I'm seriously out of shape...

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure everyone was up as late as you were last night doing objectives, partying (wishful partying), or generally procrastinating. My sleep has been decreasing each night this past week, I hope I can make some of it up. Alternatively, I wish I was a cat, and could have a legitimate excuse to sleep all day. Me when I'm sleep deprived is quite funny, especially when it's 11pm and I'm blogging or chatting someone since I tend to not make much sense.

    ReplyDelete