Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Playing Frisbee...And Freezing to Death! :D

April 3rd, 2013

Note: Slices of Lives just ended!
From now on these are just regular blog posts.

The other day, my gym class played Ultimate Frisbee outside. Despite the fact that we're supposed to be relatively GOOD at Ultimate Frisbee, as the sport is HTHS's unofficial sport, we're pretty bad at it. At least, my team was. Some other teams were actually pretty decent at it.

Anyways, that day, it was really, really windy. It was also really cold. Everyone had gym the day before that, too, and that day it was sweltering hot, so we all brought short sleeves and shorts to change into. For some reason, Mother Nature decided to hate us all and make the next day below freezing. So while most people were in short sleeves and shorts, I was one of the few who had sweatpants and a winter jacket.

It was one of the few days I didn't wear a hoodie (WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE THAT DAY) and I only had my winter jacket, so I was still warmer than most. After I donated my jacket to Christine, who was practically dying from coldness, I was half cold (my legs were still covered by sweatpants). It was also really windy that day, so whenever we threw the Frisbee it would land in the woods, which had a lot of thorns. The juniors spent quite a bit of time fishing Frisbees out of thorns. Eventually, we gave up and huddled together under a hill, which partially blocked the wind. Even though I got back my jacket, my hands were still literally frozen. I couldn't  feel anything, and when I came back into a warm building I felt pins and needles. It must've been really bad for the people without jackets >.<'

No comments:

Post a Comment